ABOUT THIS ROLE
Cloudbreak Energy Partners is one of the fastest growing renewable energy development firms in Colorado. Formed by four experienced renewable energy professionals, Cloudbreak is already one of the leading commercial and community solar developers in the Mountain West of the United States. Our mission is to accelerate the growth of domestic renewable energy capacity while also bringing the economic benefits of renewable energy to communities across the country. Here in Colorado, we are doing that by developing projects that save local residents and businesses money on their electric bills, generating significant tax revenue and millions of dollars in local investment, and creating well-paying, local jobs.
Our team is a tightly-knit group that has been working together in the solar industry for several years. When we aren’t trying to bring the benefits of renewable energy to local communities, our team loves to ski, board, bike, hike, camp, go to concerts, and dine together.
As passionate, outdoor-loving Coloradoans, we believe that climate change poses an existential risk to not just the places we love, but humanity itself. If you are passionate about accelerating the transition to clean energy and willing to roll up your sleeves to solve the hard problems, this is the place for you.
The Project Development Analyst will be working closely with our Chief Operating Officer to develop renewable energy (primarily solar and storage) projects. This position will be responsible for supporting all project development work including land research, site diligence, environmental services, preliminary project design, permitting, interconnection, and general pre-construction related work. This will involve working with utilities, permitting authorities, the Cloudbreak team, and third-party contractors. Excellent communication and organizational skills, resiliency, independent task management, and grit are a must.
This is a fantastic position for a recent graduate or someone with 1-3 years of career experience who is passionate about fighting climate change and being a key team member at one of the leading renewable energy firms in the Mountain West. No planning, renewable development, or engineering experience necessary, but being detailed-oriented and organized to the point of perfectionism are a must!
The Project Development Analyst will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assisting the COO with securing permits for the projects
- Creating permitting presentations for projects and presenting the projects to permitting authorities
- Permitting research, title work, identification and management of planning and zoning challenges
- Preparing financial models for the projects
- Preparing interconnection cost estimates and applications
- Assisting with the preparation of bid materials for RFPs
- Preparing project designs and engineering reports
- Assisting with the management of third party contractor relationships, with relation to project scope, schedule, and budget
- Assisting with the sale of projects, including answering questions from the acquisition team and ensuring the acquisition team has all of the documentation they need
- Leading landowner relationship management from site control to the firm’s final exit from a project’s equity position
- In-person at our office in Boulder, CO
- Up to 20% travel to project locations.
- $65K base salary
- Performance-based bonuses
- Excellent health/dental/vision Insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Ability to manage multiple projects, third party relationships, and project stakeholders simultaneously and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization
- Ability to accurately forecast and maintain project timelines
- Highly motivated
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of standardized project management processes and tools
- Thrives in fast-paced and autonomous work environment