ABOUT THIS ROLE
Cloudbreak Energy Partners is one of the fastest growing renewable energy development firms in Colorado. Cloudbreak was formed by four experienced renewable energy professionals and is already one of the leading commercial and community solar developers in the Mountain West of the United States. Our mission is to accelerate the growth in domestic renewable energy capacity while also bringing its economic benefits to communities across the country. Here in Colorado, we are doing that by developing projects that save local residents and businesses money on their electric bills, generating significant tax revenue and millions of dollars in local investment, and creating well-paying, local jobs.
Our team is a tightly-knit group that has been working together in the solar industry for several years. When we aren’t trying to bring the benefits of renewable energy to local communities, our team loves to ski, board, bike, hike, camp, go to concerts, and dine together.
As passionate outdoor-loving Coloradoans, we believe that climate change poses an existential risk to not just the places we love, but humanity itself. One of the most tangible ways to slow climate change is by harnessing the sun to generate renewable electricity with zero carbon emissions. If you are passionate about accelerating the transition to renewable energy and willing to roll up your sleeves to solve the hard problems, this is the place for you.
The Business Development Analyst will be working closely with our leadership team to help us target new areas for solar development opportunities and to execute on those opportunities. This will involve outreach to land and business owners, creating and presenting project proposals, and driving or flying to meet with relevant stakeholders and potential partners. Excellent communication and organizational skills, resiliency, independent task management, and grit are a must.
This is a fantastic position for someone who is hungry to learn everything there is to know about the solar industry, passionate about fighting climate change, and interested in pursuing a career in renewable energy. If you are a fast-learner who is personable, hyper-responsive, unafraid of making friends with folks over the phone, and enthusiastic about being the tip of the spear for renewable energy projects, this is an incredible opportunity for you.
- Call prospective landowners and partners
- Create and present project proposals to land and business owners
- Travel to meetings with prospective partners
- Collaborate with executive team to find new opportunities to deploy solar
- Structure sales and marketing strategies based on real time, on-the-ground, learnings
- Develop an ability to use project financial models
- Part or full-time, depending on availability. The position is in Boulder, CO and may include up to 25% travel to project locations.
- Market Rates
- Flexible, with meaningful commission incentives.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to generate leads and close sales
- High level of organization
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of basic financial and risk assessment concepts
- Ability to spot emerging trends
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate Senior, post-grad, or in final year of Graduate School